Friday, September 11, 2015

Movie Friday

  So, those who know me, know that I am a movie buff.  So I thought on Fridays I would recommend or review (or both) a new or classic film, where the law is the a primary focus or theme.  So, today I thought I would encourage you to watch a classic legal drama,
  The Verdict, starring Paul Newman.  The film centers around a young mother who suffers catastrophic complications during child birth at a Catholic hospital in Boston, MA.  Newman plays a down and out, alcoholic lawyer who takes on the mighty Archdiocese of Boston.  With a stellar cast, the film of a tour de force for Newman and James Mason, along with the supporting cast.
  On a personal note, I was working as a legislative intern at the Massachusetts State House in the summer of 1982, when the movie was filmed.  It served as the courthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment